StaLok Paver Sand
Stabilized sand that stays put in between pavers
Has your joint sand evolved? Stabilized joint sands stay put, never eroding like normal sands. Two types of stabilized sands have emerged: organic and polymeric. Organic is known for its porosity and flexibility. It allows water to drain and ‘heals’ itself. The sand repairs cracks and fills any voids that have developed. Polymeric sands set up firm, inhibiting weed growth and insect penetration. Both have their advantages, why not combine the two? StaLok Paver Sand combines the flexibility of organic sands with the strength of polymeric. Combining Stabilizer and Polymer technology makes it the first ever porous polymeric joint sand.
StaLok Paver Sand sets up as strong as other polymeric sands and locks in between pavers. It is so firm, you can even power wash it when dry. After water begins to collect during a storm, StaLok Paver Sand acts like a sponge. It soaks up water until it is saturated, then drains. Other than appearance, drainage is the main advantage pavers have over other pavements. So why seal the joints? Storm water management is important in wet regions, but also recharges valuable ground water in dry regions.
- Stabilized joint sand featuring organic and polymeric binders
- Keeps sand in joints
- Binder will not wash out during installation
- Can be used for paver driveways, pathways and patios with variety of pavers
- Reduces weed and insect penetration
- LEED Point Potential: Stormwater Management (2), Reduced Heat Island (1)
- Available in 50lb bags, or 1 ton sacks